2021 Small Group Tour Operating Policy
What an interesting year it’s been. With the 2020 season at its end, we’re ready and excited for our 2021 small group tours programme. We’re lucky that the limited numbers in each group help tremendously to keep our guests safe while enjoying their holiday.
Along with following Government regulations and guidelines, we are also implementing a few extra safety measures of our own. These are in keeping with summer 2020 policy and will be updated as and when 2021 guidelines are published or changed:
- Your McKinlay Kidd tour leader will be tested for Covid-19 before the trip. With the increased availability of rapid testing, we would encourage guests to do the same before travelling. Should you start to display any symptoms of Covid-19 while on the trip, please act responsibly and inform the tour leader immediately.
- We’ve worked hard with our accommodation and excursion partners to ensure the safest possible experience while on the trip. We’re fortunate that most of our itineraries include plenty of stops at fresh air filled attractions – but where necessary we are modifying some visits to keep them just as interesting, but safer too.
- Guests, guides and drivers will be required to wear facemasks at all times aboard transport unless medically exempt.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on transport, but it’s worth bringing your own as well.
- All common surfaces on coaches will be disinfected at each stop, and private coaches will be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Passengers will remain in household groups and maintain 1m social distancing within transport and 2m where possible.
- Windows on coaches will remain open at all times to ensure fresh air circulates – don’t worry, we’ll have the heating on as well.
- It may be necessary to make minor changes to the tour programme at times, but the variation and possibilities available at the wonderful locations we visit mean there’s plenty of alternative options to make your holiday memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you on one of our small group tours, and if you have any questions about how we plan to make these tours as safe as possible then please get in touch. The places we travel to rely on visitors coming to discover their food, history, and story – so you can rest assured that the greatest care and consideration has been taken by McKinlay Kidd, our travel partners, and the industry as a whole to ensure that tourism is protected and allowed to thrive in the UK and Ireland.
We’re ready. We’re excited. It’s time to get back on the road.
Speak to Us
Office Hours (UK time) Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm
- UK 0141 260 9260
- USA & Canada (toll-free) 1 866 922 8538
- Australia (toll-free) 1 800 760 824
- Other Countries +44 141 260 9260
- Email hello at mckinlaykidd dot com