Join our Team
As AITO Tour Operator of the Year 2016, McKinlay Kidd is always on the look out for keen, committed and talented people to join our team.
McKinlay Kidd is an ambitious and award-winning specialist travel business, based in central Glasgow, offering tailor-made holidays throughout Scotland, Ireland & England to discerning clients from the UK and Overseas. As part of our continued growth plans we are seeking a committed, professional and experienced General Manager to join our small and dedicated team in an entrepreneurial environment. This is an excellent, rare and rewarding opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company’s future.
The Role – General Manager
You will organise, motivate and develop the customer-facing team across sales and operations to achieve agreed performance targets, which relate both to sales and delivering the highest standards of customer service. The Directors welcome analysis of existing working processes and systems in order to recommend and introduce change where necessary to streamline and make the best use of technology. The right person will enjoy proactively contributing to the leadership team to deliver business development/ growth alongside the Directors and Product Development Manager. You will be expected to represent the business externally and deputise for the Directors in leading the team internally.
This is a full-time, permanent position. While some out of hours work will occasionally be required, the role is predominantly office-based and does not entail regular shift work.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Experience in leading, motivating and growing a team
- Excellent commercial understanding, commitment to achieving targets and commitment to the highest standards of customer satisfaction
- Experience in change management and continuous process improvement
- Highly numerate and IT literate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, customers and business partners
- Proven track record of working with, and understanding of, management accounts/ P&L
- Working knowledge of the geography of Scotland, Ireland and the rest of the British Isles
- Lead sales and operations team, including recruiting and managing part-time and seasonal resource, to work flexibly and efficiently to meet sales, margin, customer satisfaction and any other agreed business targets
- Prepare monthly financial and management information reports
- Proactively identify and address any issues likely to impact overall business performance
- Ensure smooth running of the operation, problem-solving and trouble-shooting as necessary
- Identify opportunities to utilise current, and introduce new, technologies to improve processes and add value to customers
- Deputise for directors
- Manage and participate in out of hours duty phone rota
McKinlay Kidd are offering a competitive salary plus benefits depending on experience.
How to apply
In writing to the Founder and Director, Robert Kidd, including full CV, current salary and letter/email explaining why you are a suitable candidate and describing your favourite places in Scotland, Ireland and England:
McKinlay Kidd Ltd
Suite 120, Baltic Chambers
50 Wellington St
Tel: 0141 308 8009
We are always on the look-out for reliable, calm and professional people to join our dedicated team, whether full or part-time.
Ideal candidates have natural sales skills, a strong customer service focus, excellent attention to detail in both literacy and numeracy, and relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment. You will be a skilled communicator, computer literate and have good knowledge of the geography of Scotland and ideally England and Ireland. While experience in the travel or hotel industry might be beneficial, we welcome applicants with other backgrounds too, including from recent graduates.
We look for people with the right attitude rather than substantial work experience. We can accommodate flexible working hours, depending on the role. Please apply as described above, outlining the type of role you are seeking.
Speak to Us
Office Hours 9am-5.30pm UK Time (Mon-Fri)
- UK 0141 308 8009
- USA & Canada (toll-free) 1 866 922 8538
- Australia (toll-free) 1 800 760 824
- Other Countries +44 141 308 8009
- Email hello at mckinlaykidd dot com