Join our Team
McKinlay Kidd is always on the look out for keen, committed and talented people to join our team.
McKinlay Kidd, Telegraph Travel Awards Specialist Tour Operator of the Year 2017, and AITO Tour Operator of the Year 2016, is an award-winning specialist travel business, based in central Glasgow. Established for 15 years, we offer tailor-made holidays throughout Scotland, Ireland & England to discerning clients from the UK and Overseas. As part of our continued growth plans we currently have two specific opportunities, set out below, and are always happy to hear from those interested in joining our team.
The Role: Marketing Executive
The successful candidate will assist the directors in developing the company’s overall marketing presence, with specific focus on digital, in key markets such as the UK and North America. This is a full-time role within an ambitious and growing business, offering an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your marketing career.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing McKinlay Kidd’s online presence in line with brand vision and values, including website content
- Management of SEO and PPC campaigns with guidance from the directors, ensuring delivery of quality enquiries for the sales team
- Analysing and reporting on McKinlay Kidd’s consumer engagement and business performance
- Developing and delivering customer and enquirer communication campaigns, including regular email broadcasts
- Competitor and price monitoring
- Working closely with Product Development Manager and Sales Team to design and launch new holidays
- Identifying and converting PR opportunities, both online and offline
- Supporting the general marketing and promotion of the business to achieve ambitious growth targets
- At least two to three years’ experience in a hands-on marketing role
- Excellent communicator (written and spoken)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of (and interest in) email communications and website user experience
- Aptitude for using computer programmes eg Excel, CRM systems, content management systems
- Ability to see things creatively and from the perspective of the target customer
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and to take responsibility
- Comfortable working as part of a small team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial business
- Ability to be proactive and work on own initiative
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Degree in any discipline plus at least Higher level English and Maths
- Knowledge of SEO and PPC
- Experience in website design, build and ongoing management
- Experience of managing artwork, print and mailing
- Experience in PR
- Knowledge of Scotland as a tourism destination, some knowledge of Ireland/ England also an advantage
We are offering a competitive salary of between £18,000 and £22,000 plus company bonus & benefits, depending on experience. This is a full-time, permanent position. See below for information on how to apply.
The Role: Travel Sales Advisor
You will be responsible for responding to enquiries and converting them into tailor-made holidays, mainly via email and phone. You will listen to the customer’s travel needs and wishes then recommend and plan everything from accommodation to activities to transport in order to create a unique holiday experience. You will work in partnership with small, local businesses who share our commitment to quality and customer service.
The ideal Travel Sales Advisor will have a strong customer service focus as well excellent ability to build rapport and convert sales. You will probably have at least three years’ experience in customer-facing roles, including sales. You will enjoy writing while also demonstrating attention to detail and sound numeracy. You will relish the challenge of working as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment, responding well to meeting sales targets. You will be a skilled communicator, computer literate and have good knowledge of the geography of Scotland and the rest of the British Isles.
While experience in the travel or hospitality industry might be beneficial, we welcome applicants with other backgrounds too – a can-do attitude and experience dealing with the general public are essential, as are strong writing skills. You will not only enjoy closing the sale, but also gain satisfaction from hearing the feedback from customers after their holiday.
The ability to be a fast learner is essential. There is plenty of scope for creativity and working on your own initiative. The company is ambitious to continue to grow in the coming years, offering plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and take on more responsibility.
We are offering a competitive salary of between £17,000 and £20,000 plus benefits depending on experience. This is a full-time, permanent position. Occasional evening and weekend working may be required at peak times on a rota basis.
How to apply
In writing to the Founder and Director, Robert Kidd, including full CV, current salary and letter/email explaining why you are a suitable candidate and describing your favourite places in Scotland, Ireland and England:
McKinlay Kidd Ltd
Suite 120, Baltic Chambers
50 Wellington St
Tel: 0141 308 8009
We are always on the look-out for reliable, calm and professional people to join our dedicated team, whether full or part-time.
Ideal candidates have natural sales skills, a strong customer service focus, excellent attention to detail in both literacy and numeracy, and relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment. You will be a skilled communicator, computer literate and have good knowledge of the geography of Scotland and ideally England and Ireland. While experience in the travel or hotel industry might be beneficial, we welcome applicants with other backgrounds too, including from recent graduates.
We look for people with the right attitude rather than substantial work experience. We can accommodate flexible working hours, depending on the role. Please apply as described above, outlining the type of role you are seeking.
Speak to Us
Office Hours 9am-5.30pm UK Time (Mon-Fri)
- UK 0141 308 8009
- USA & Canada (toll-free) 1 866 922 8538
- Australia (toll-free) 1 800 760 824
- Other Countries +44 141 308 8009
- Email hello at mckinlaykidd dot com